Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Team Leno vs Team Conan

This 'drama' began unfolding last week.

In fact, I'm proud to report that wkyc was on the cutting edge of this 'news' and I played a role in alerting my 11pm Producer as well as 'The Director's Cut with Frank Macek' of what I had heard! We cautiously and responsibly reported only what we could confirm but had to acknowledge what was happening. The rest is history as they say.


Believe it or not, working in a television station does not mean we can sit around and watch tv all day.

I hate to admit it, but I rarely get to see Leno or Conan--at least not in their entirety. Heck, there are soooo many shows that I never started watching until they were in re-runs!! But, that's the nature of the biz!

What I have seen: sometimes funny, other times long & drawn out skits, and on occasion, painful having to turn the channel.


However, with the new developments heating up in both the Leno and O'Brien Camps and at NBC, it has given the customers very good television and their comedy new life.


This 'feud' has taken on a life of its own in the social media arena as well, especially Facebook and Twitter. I don't think this is the case but in the off chance it is some mastermind publicity stunt, it's working.


Tuesday evening --I was able to catch Leno's interview with Sandra Bullock. They were HILARIOUS! Sandra kept asking him if the interview was actually going to air or if they may get yanked at any moment....

Then on Conan, can't believe the circus which transpired during the Zachary Levi interview with 'the' most venerable Tom Brokaw at Levi's side probably stunned at what he was hearing and living. But again, very good TV!!

Whatever happens, I do hope everyone comes out alive so to speak. It is smart to admit when an experiment does not work and try to make things right. Hopefully Conan will not take a huge hit being that Leno is more of the veteran.

At the end of a stressful day with so much bad news day in and day out, it's nice to have some comedy to unwind to --if possible! And maybe they will find a way to keep the 'funny meter' as high as it has been working overtime this week!

2 comments:

jk said...

The Plain Dealer and cleveland.com are creating what we hope will be the most comprehensive directory of Northeast Ohio bloggers. Yours is one I've been following, and I'd like to see it on our list. Please sign up at http://bit.ly/5pTxkw

If you have any questions, let me know.
-- jkroll@plaind.com

Unknown said...

You're the best, Danielle. Always great to hear your point of view!