Thursday, December 17, 2009

Weekly Feature: Hidden Gems


Today's Hidden Gem: Michael Symon's B Spot


If you've read any of the entries in SBAS or have paged through a sampling of the Hidden Gems, you know that I am a huge fan of not only Iron Chef Michael Symon, but delicious cuisine, the Food Network, C-town, and the thriving Cleveland Restaurant Industry.


So it was only a matter of time before I made Michael's new restaurant, B Spot, a Hidden Gem.

And I give it two thumbs up, a 'three cheers,' and a 'high five.'



What can I say? When he shared the concept behind B Spot, he said he was putting together some of his favorites: Burgers, Brats, Bologna, and Beer!



I say he's hit on many people's faves, right out of the ballpark!



I was lucky enough to partake of the B Spot experience last weekend for my birthday dinner. The whole family went along and every single person loved it!



There WAS something there for everyone!



One in my party took a picture of the great chandelier. Another person took a picture of the great wall of beer cans. I took a picture of the juicy food!





Just going around the table: Various cheeseburgers to each person's tastes, fried bologna, any type of beer you can imagine and the famous Lola Fries. I must admit, on this visit, we did not try a Brat but we all love them. Gotta save something for next time and the time after that!


I tried the 'Symon Says' which consisted of a burger with bologna, cole slaw, whip sauce and American cheese. Medium Rare. It was PERFECT!




My Aunt and Uncle both ordered the 'Old School' bologna sandwich. We all jumped out of our skin when it arrived. This is no 'thinly sliced' bologna sandwich. Holy cow! The slice of bologna must have been at least 2 inches thick!



My Uncle had to take 1/2 of it home. He NEVER takes a doggie bag.



Michael's hilarious humor comes through even on the menu:

'Why?? vegie burger, blue cheese, pickled onion, arugula (add bacon...free of charge!!)'



B Spot is at ETON on Chagrin Blvd. It's closer to the eastern portion and you can enter via the Mall or the outside of ETON.




They do not take reservations so there may be a short wait. But there are chairs in the mall area just outside the B Spot entrance.



They try to please everyone. They do not sit you until your entire party has arrived. They serve the everyone all at once. The best part which many restaurants don't do anymore is that they serve any where from RARE to Well Done and everything in between. The service was very good and there was hardly a wait from the time we ordered until we received our food.


Another masterpiece by Michael Symon. I will be going back. I'm fairly confident everyone in my party will be making another visit.



The new spot in town appears to be Michael Symon's B Spot. I give it an 'A' and I guarantee if you dine there, you too, will see why it is this week's Hidden Gem!

No comments: