Monday, January 25, 2010

Conan O'Brien's final show as The Tonight Show host

As you may have read in one of my earlier posts, this Conan-Leno tug-of-war has produced some very entertaining and compelling tv of late.

It's too bad it has not been there the entire time.

Conan's shows have been much funnier and more entertaining than Leno's by far.

However, Conan's final show as the host of The Tonight Show was sheer perfection.

Thank goodness for the DVR!

Not only filled with humor, surprises, and stellar guests, but his heartfelt departing message not only brought the audience to tears but had Conan on the verge himself.


Conan's speech was tremendous. His own words which almost brought him to tears states:

"To all the people watching, I can never ever thank you enough for your kindness to me and I'll think about it for the rest of my life. All I ask of you is one thing, especially to the kids out there. Please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism. For the record it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.

Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen..."

Words we can all live by.

Good Luck, Conan!! I'm sure we'll see you VERY soon!

No comments: