Friday, September 25, 2009

So, they are not going to the Playoffs?


Heads up, Swing By and Spray readers!


Over the next month I have a bunch of vacation days to use up so there will be some missing entries.


My vacation supervisor bent over backwards for me and must be commended in a big way.


Each year, being the huge Cleveland Indians' baseball fan, I try taking some time in October for when my Cleveland Indians are in the MLB playoffs and the World Series.


Well, up until the middle of September, believe it or not, the Indians were still numerically in it.


I would go around asking our sports guys if it's time to write the Tribe off and hand in my vacation days, and they would give me this look of 'you are kidding me, aren't you?'


So, I had to bite the bullet, come to the realization that my Tribe is NOT going to make it to the Playoffs or World Series this year and take my remaining vacation time.


Hence, I'll be keeping in touch and sharing my adventures on the news assignment desk, but they'll be disconnected over the next month or so!


On the bright side, the Indians' 2010 Schedule is already out and the wheels in my head are already churning!!!!

No comments: