Friday, September 11, 2009

Patriot Day 2009


As journalists, we try to commemorate the events of September 11, 2001 as respectfully as possible.


Numerous agencies, individuals, cities, and government groups schedule events, plan memorials, conduct vigils, and remembrances all day long.


Every news agency be it on line, in print, on tv, local, or national inundates the audience for days leading up to and then all day and night long.



From a business standpoint, there are only so many events we can cover.


We try to cover a sampling of what is taking place in honor of Patriot Day, 2009 to share the essence of the day.



As an American, a human being, and a sentimental person, I was drawn to the television coverage on NBC, MSNBC, CNN all day long into the wee hours of the next morning.


I could not turn it off.


MSNBC rebroadcast their coverage of the Today Show as it unfolded that fateful day.


I was riveted.


Is it the news person in me?


Or the event tugging at my emotional heart strings?


Whatever the case, I'd like to think that the events back on September 11, 2001 have made me a better person at work, at home and as an American realizing what I have, where it came from, how amazing it is to be living in the United States of America, and thankful for every minute of every day never again taking anything for granted.

No comments: