Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Proud to see alma mater

Tonight President Obama spoke in Prime Time.

Sometimes as a journalist, you walk a fine line with your contacts and connections.

For instance, I don't believe that we should constantly interview the same people or go to the same location time and time again just because they or it is connected to the station or a station employee. That's favoritism in my eyes.

Sure, when we were doing our series on AED's I hooked up Eric Mansfield with my college roommate's husband because he is Mr. AED. He sells them, he's done numerous tests and studies with them and knows all the latest facts and figures on AED's. He was an invaluable resource for a legitimate story we were working on at the time. Whether or not Eric Mansfield saw the gem he had in the palm of his hand and used him, I really don't know. In my eyes, he should have and hopefully he did.

And tonight, President Obama spoke on health care for the United States.

During the planning meeting, it was decided to head out to Hiram College, which just happens to be my Alma Mater.

I could not be more pleased. I believe we are heading in the right direction.

Hiram College has been deemed one of the most diverse Liberal Arts Colleges in the Midwest with an amazing Political Science Program making great strides in the other Sciences as well. A great place to get a balanced reaction to this issue.

Dave Summers put together quite a well-balanced reaction piece to President Obama's speech. CLICK HERE for his story.

1 comment:

Eric Mansfield said...

When you said that you "hooked me up", I had to read that sentence twice to make sure I got it right :)

keep up the great posts! Eric