Friday, August 14, 2009

a time of dancing.....(and baseball...)


Swing by and Spray will be on hiatus for a week while I take a long anticipated and much needed vacation away from the office.


When I first entered the broadcasting business oh so many years ago, I was on 24/7, even when I was taking an 'official vacation break.'


With time and age comes wisdom. Just like a fine wine.


Of course, I am still on 24/7 (it's in my blood) and if I see news happening, I'll be right on it and the first to report it!


But, I have a friend who was on vacation this week....you would not know it by the website posts that continued popping up.


Oh, maybe in my younger days...


However, I would like to quote from two very serious, two very credible, and two very legitimate sources on how life should be lived in order to preserve its essence and one's sanity.


First, regardless of your religion, the Book of Ecclesiastes gives wonderful insight as it recites: "For everything there is a season, and a time for every activity under the heaven....a time to laugh.....a time of dancing.....I know that there is nothing better for them than to be happy and enjoy themselves during their lives."



Next, the most trusted man in America and probably the greatest news broadcaster to ever live believed, and not only believed but LIVED out first hand this wonderful directive: "To do your job the best you can, you've got to 'play' in equal amounts."



On that note, I hear my sanity in the far off distance calling me. . . . .see you in a week or so. . .


No comments: