Thursday, August 27, 2009

1200+ email did me in

Believe it or not, the barrage of email this week has done me in.

I've been in writhing pain all week long--the symptoms of carpal tunnel in my right arm, right shoulder, and right upper back. It has been constant.

Of course, the diagnosis will not be confirmed until I am able to see a doctor, but all arrows point to the problematic ailment caused by typing on the computer (ironically, what I am doing right now).

This week more than most I've been on the computer non-stop answering between 1200-1600 email accumulated from vacation.

Our webmaster is on vacation for a few weeks and it's my duty to attach a higher volume of video to our website all week long.

That totals over 45 hours on the computer Monday thru Friday.

I will be more sparing, careful, and sensitive to this issue in the coming weeks. I have a feeling these entries (which I find enlightening and oftentimes entertaining) may be curtailed or shortened until further notice. Or at least until I can clear up this war wound.

Be careful out there!

No comments: