Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Overheated Fuser

One of the 'hazards' of being an assignment editor.

Like clockwork, no matter what time I get into work, what day of the week it is, the printer I need to use is 'down' for the count!

My day would not be complete without one fix-up trip to a printer.

I'll get my normal de-briefing from my predecessor, update my assignment sheet, and then go to print my materials for our editorial meeting. . . a n d N O T H I N G!

As I get closer and closer to the printer, I see blinking lights and every once in a while, hear an ominous drone coming from the machine.

I have become pretty proficient at clearing each section of the printer, finding every nook and cranny where a piece of paper can get stuck....pulling out those mangled sheets of paper. You have to try and get the system back on track, without burning your fingers!

Finally, we have lift off. I've printed with success. Such beautiful music to my ears!

I'd love to share a great tip I've learned: when all else fails, and all the jammed paper is out, TURN THE PRINTER OFF AND BACK ON!!

Welcome to the electronic, computer age folks!

No comments: