Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Chipotle got me!


I have never even eaten at the Kent Chipotle, but it got me!


OK, not quite as dramatic as I make it. One of my co-workers was hit by the food poison bug after indulging in the Kent Chipotle menu. Hence, I am manning the ship for a while!


I have often thought of this very issue. When I am sitting at a restaurant out with family or friends laughing at funny stories, discussing the topic of the day, what IS going on in the back room where our food is being made?


WHO is making the food? Did they clean themselves let alone every item they use to cook and serve our meals?


Are the ingredients and morsels fresh? How long has the food been there?


Does the restaurant get regular inspections?


Are any of the servers ill OR have they had contact with anyone not up to snuff?


We sure do take a lot for granted. We rely on so many others in the course of a day to assist us. True, no man is an island. But, there are so many unknown variables and risks that affect us as we inch through the day. Think about it and be careful out there!

No comments: