Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thanks for the beautiful flowers!


Words can not describe what I have gone through and will continue to live out for the rest of my life.


I understand this is all part of the chapters and cycles that one must go through in a lifetime.


However, I also know that no two people ever have the same experience.


People can say "I know what you're going through honey..." but they really don't know.


And honestly, someone upstairs is really testing me. To go through what happened to me and my car back on March 25, 2009 and then what transpired on October 26, 2009. Mom was really the only person who gave me the strength and support back in March and ironically, she and her 'posse' up in Heaven are guiding me through this second life altering occurrence.


I've learned ever since Mom started dealing with various ailments 4-5 years ago that everyone reacts differently to adversity, sickness, and death. We had friends & family who continued supporting Mom and I. We had those who said they'd come visit and never showed. We had those who totally ignored us. And then others who kept at a distance but did not want to shun us. Mom and I even had someone do something shocking back in May of, I believe, 2006 --when we really needed her most.


You just have to keep plugging along. I had the best role model for survival, compassion through adversity, faith, and never giving up --My Mom.



I thank my fellow co-workers and former co-workers from around the Country who have sent their well-wishes and prayers over the last number of weeks. I've really worked with some terrific people. I can't mention everyone and don't want to slight anyone but I must thank some former co-workers who went above and beyond --thank you Tommy, Wilma, Lou, Katie, Jane, Bill, Kate, and Allison! Hearing your voice Wilma and seeing the rest of you was a God send. But again, there are soooo many others --a big THANK YOU to all!


The night we thought my Mom was going to pass away, my 11pm producer and dear friend Dan actually came up to the hospital to support my family. I will never forget that moment. And a dear friend of mine and former wkyc weekend anchor, Lydia Esparra, has been helping me the entire time.


I sang my Mom's entire funeral Mass and Lydia and videotape editor Pat Woodside graciously said they'd sit in and back up my singing....take over if I lost it...or just be there for moral support.


Well, through the grace of God (and Mom), I was able to sing every single song. It was so nice having them their for moral support, though.



I just want to thank everyone who has left calls on my home phone, my cell phone, greeted me in person, sent a beautiful card, email, or even a Facebook or Twitter message.



And finally, I'd love to thank WKYC for sending a lovely floral arrangement as well as a delicious food and pastry tray to the Funeral Home during calling hours. Both gestures are greatly appreciated from not only me but my entire family.


Thank You.


As I've said before, we all have another guardian angel watching out for all of us from a better place! And she is also watching over my Cleveland Indians! Mark my words!

3 comments:

Rita Malloy said...

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful Dani. Your Mother is so proud of you.

sympathy flowers said...

This is so weird I read this after I have been gone for a year your right I got so frustrated I just quit blogging and I owe my readers an appoligy so honey I am fine and I will keep in check.




send flowers hospital

send flowers hospital said...

Fantastic thought on flowers to sending your the closest.







send flowers hospital