Monday, November 9, 2009

I had to visit the Imperial Murders scene

Come on, I'm in the news business.

Over the weekend I had to visit the scene of the Imperial Murders.

I must admit, there were so many people who had the same idea, I could not even exit my vehicle but I drove by the house and got a glimpse....I glanced at the memorial wall and the missing person wall....and saw all of the areas blocked off with yellow crime scene tape.

It is hard to fathom that I was just able to drive by the scene where Anthony Sowell allegedly murdered 11 women, at last count.

Mind boggling.

What is even more mind boggling is how close it is to where I live yet not really. Hard to explain. A hop, skip, and a jump yet a neighborhood I've never been to nor anywhere near where I live or frequent.

I guess I am not totally enamored with this story because it never even crossed my mind to take a picture of the crime scene.

This story definitely will be a historical landmark for this neighborhood, this city for many years to come if not forever.

And now I can say not only did we cover this story from the inception to the conclusion (whenever that may be) but I actually set foot near these gruesome grounds.

No comments: