Thursday, November 12, 2009

Friendly advice

I've been given some friendly advice about the 'insight' shared about some of the inner workings of a news assignment desk and the daily life of an assignment editor.

Message heard.

I love my job at wkyc too much and especially what I do (which is TONS-- from the news desk to setting up stories, enterprising story ideas, answering phones, dealing with our viewers answering their questions, answering email, pre-planning, involved in the 7pm Live Web Chats, gathering information on heavy hitting stories, writing stories, pushing for the facts before the competition and then getting them out to our staff so they have them first, much computer work with a close connection to our website, wkyc.com, every single day as well as sharing our wkyc facebook teases and youtube sweeps videos....the list really is endless and that's what keeps it interesting).

My initial reason for this blog was to share what I do--heck, I think it's one of the best jobs in the world! You can't beat it! I race into work each day I enjoy it so much. You do the same thing each day BUT it's NEVER the same thing. No two days in my career have ever been the same. And frankly, I am one of the best! When you are good and you love your job --BONUS!

And my secondary reason for this blog is to continue my writing skills. I am an excellent writer. The more you do something, the better you get.


To my avid readers, thank you for your support. I will try my best to continue sharing interesting, up-beat, comical stories I encounter during the course of my shift.....as well as my "Hidden Gems."

My "Hidden Gems" are my baby and I will try to continue sharing the Cleveland I love so much, especially little-known aspects of Cleveland and Northeast Ohio, with my readers.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Cheers!

No comments: