Sunday, March 1, 2009

His golden voice has been silenced

Radio legend Paul Harvey dead at 90 years old.

I can remember listening to Harvey my entire life, literally, because he has been a radio news broadcaster for longer than I have been alive!

Before I was even in 'the news business,' I was drawn to his broadcasts while flipping channels on the radio dial.

His golden tones sounded of vintage news radio.

And somehow, his news instinct was spot on. He always knew what was important, what would interest the listener, was in front of most news stories, kept you coming back for his intriguing commentary, and had humor in his broadcasts.

The news business, the radio format, and his millions of fans and listeners will surely miss this radio legend and his trademark 'The Rest of the Story...'

No comments: