Friday, January 16, 2009

Who unplugged the phones?


Compared to yesterday when all phone lines stayed lit from dusk til dawn, I really thought our phone system was down today.

I am not complaining!

Quite the zany business where you never know what's in store. Never a clue what to expect when you walk through that door.

There are other regimented businesses who have set schedules day in, day out. You know what time of day it is by what seminar you are attending, the flavor of the office activity, or what conference call is engaging you.

Not in a newsroom.

Today, very productive and very satisfying, yet as crazy as ever!

I pride myself on keeping my videographers on the move covering stories (hopefully useful and informative for our customers) OR beating the pants off the competition (it happens on occasion!). Today I received 5 gold stars! They were ALL on the go from the minute they walked in the door until the last second before they clocked out --achieving success on all fronts!

The new content we had during our shift --well, actually all of it was new content!

And when thrown a loop asking for a special request, an impromptu interview, several sports events, or breaking news, I was able to pull a rabbit out of my hat!

I LOVE these days. Puzzles pop that need solving and I successfully solved every conundrum tossed my way.

I don't mean to sound like I am tooting my own horn. On the contrary, it's quite the joint effort and impeccable communication that breeds success at the end of the day! Our crew has worked together for so long, it's like a well-oiled machine (with a few ornery children!!!!).

SEAMLESS! As our producer states, "I left it all here!!!"

No comments: