Friday, July 16, 2010

Still wading through email --mostly Le-Gone



Holy Heck, Batman!


After being gone for only 5 days, the email really piled up!


1000+ and still counting.


It's hard to get ahead because each day there are 200-300 new email coasting in...



The most interesting and memorable are all the email coming in -- official (like Dan Gilbert's letters) and non-official from fans and viewers regarding LeBron.


Remember, I was out of computer, phone, email, and Cleveland reaction range for 5 days. I had no idea what was going on back here except for short excerpts I saw on tv down in FLA.


Looks like the frenzy began hours before 'The Decision' and has never stopped!


Heck, as I was wading and wading, I saw emails from Dan Gilbert, Mayor Don Plusquellic, the Cleveland Cavaliers, Downtown Cleveland Alliance, Mayor Frank Jackson, and so many others....


Then you have all the events scheduled to help folks ease their mind and feel better. Let's see, I ran across the LeBonfire event in Solon where disappointed fans could get rid of their memories/shirts/posters or whatever necessary to get through this event.


Then I read the letter from a "Cleveland Sports Fan who is no longer a LeBron fan." Looks like this person works for the Elyria Schools District and drafted a letter to send out on 'The Decision.'


How about the enactment of the LeBron Shames Cleveland HQ? Clever.


A website where fans can donate their #23 gear for charity --BreakupwithLebron.com.



These are just a few of the highlights.


I really don't know what to think. I do know this one man has taken a city by storm and then left destruction in its wake.


I also know it's kind of sad that one man has made such an impact on an entire city and beyond.


Just makes for yet another chapter in Cleveland, Ohio's rich and tumultuous history.


Stay tuned....

No comments: