Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Whirlwind week for Cleveland Cavaliers


Last week's news swirled around dozens of riveting breaking news stories. This week's focal point appears to have one main theme: Will LeBron stay or go? Ok, there are a few other things going on this week:
  • St Emeric's Church closes --final church to close
  • 'Twilight' opens
  • Wimbledon
  • Russell Branyan traded

But the rest of the news pales in comparison to what's on everyone's mind in Cleveland and world-wide: What will LeBron James do once the July 1, 2010 12:01 a.m. deadline hits?

The Cleveland Cavaliers are also in the midst of interviewing candidates for their head coaching job.

The Cleveland Indians are home with hopes of starting a long winning streak.

Let's go back to Russell Branyan. We are like a family in the Channel 3 Newsroom, which does not exclude all of my 'big' and 'younger' brothers teasing me! So while Russell 'the muscle' Branyan was a Cleveland Indian, every time he'd strike out, Matt would take a sticky note with a K and post it in front of me! Spanks not only kidded me about Russell BUT Kerry Wood as well. When Branyan was finally traded, the Facebook harassment began!

I'm very lucky to have many 'big' and 'baby' brothers watching over me--especially over the last 17 months!! You know who you are and I thank you from the bottom of my heart! Luv you all!

At the end of the week, most Clevelanders will be taking a long weekend as the 4th of July holiday hits....including the Cleveland Orchestra concert on Public Square Thursday, July 1 at 9:00 p.m.

The weather is supposed to be superb....Cleveland Rocks!

As an assignment editor, even with the heavy hitting news in store, it should be a fairly easy week because wkyc has 'the best' sports department in town. I can not even begin to gush over Jim Donovan, Yak, Dave Chudowsky, Brian Crane, Lynn, Matt Hein, and the entire STO team, who I am sure will kick major booty following the LeBron James story from start to finish....as well as their continuing coverage of 'my' Cleveland Indians!

Affiliates will be sending crews from Chicago, New York and anyone else courting LeBron...we will be sure to stake out every place imaginable to get the story first, before anyone else, and get MORE for our viewers.

Sit back, enjoy the whirlwind ride, and be sure YOU tune into wkyc and wkyc.com for the breaking news on the Cavs new coach and where LeBron winds up!

1 comment:

Mike Golch said...

I can care less if king james stays or goes.I am sick of all the media hype about the man.