Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fabulous 1st day back



I could not have asked for a better 1st day back after an excellent vacation!


I walked in and one of my favorite interns, Kelsey Fisher, was sitting up at the news assignment desk! What a treat! Kelsey just graduated and is heading back to L.A. to take the west coast by storm! After Kelsey interned for wkyc, she made the leap and had a terrific internship with 'Scrubs' and 'Cougar Town.'


I wish her well and hope she calls often with updates! She's my bud!


Then Howard, my assistant news director, reenacted an awards presentation giving me my Emmy award and my Press Club award. How thrilling! It's always an honor to be nominated and possibly win but an even bigger honor when you believe in your heart of hearts that you did your absolute best work.


I really did a lot of leg work and background research for Eric Mansfield on his Project AED series. When I was done, I felt I had contributed so much. I was humbled and honored to be part of the group who took home honors.


Then Mike O'Mara and I won a 2nd place Press Club award for our W. 89th murders story. I know, very sad, but we really blew the competition out of the water with this story from the get go. Again, so nice to be recognized when you gave it your all.



It's always a team effort with any award.


Many wkyc'ers won awards over the weekend. I tip my hat to all of my colleagues who took home honors from both awards ceremonies and raise my glass to everyone nominated and winning! Kudos to you all!!



Here's a rundown:


Carrie Young won for Channel 3 News at 6, 11/3/09 --Evening Newscast Market 1-20


Project AED, Continuing Coverage:
Romona Robinson
Eric Mansfield
Monica Robins
Rita Andolsen
Me
Kim Wendel


Hardball Cash, Business/Consumer:
Tom Meyer
Sarah Montgomery


To the Moon: Ohio's Journey, Documentary --Jeff Reidel

On Camera Talent Anchor for Weather --Betsy Kling


STO took home a number of honors as well!


Indians on Deck, Sports Program:

Mike Bachmann
Steve Warren
Al Pawlowski


Senior PGA Championship Preview, Sports Special:

John Zaccardelli
Jim Donovan
Jimmy Hanlin
Greg Golya
Joseph Von Enck
Ian Zeigler
Patrick Kilkenney



And during Friday Night's Press Club Awards--

John Demjanjuk's deportation, General News, Dick Russ and Mike Greene

West 89th murders, Spot News, Mike O'Mara and me



Click the link if you'd like to take a look at all of the 2010 Emmy Award winners.


And for the 2010 Press Club Award winners, CLICK HERE!

No comments: