Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ohio Tornadoes 2010

WOW! That's all I can say! I've been off for the last 3.5 days where tornado after tornado pummelled the state of Ohio.



Tuesday, as I come back, there are only 2 real stories left with this continuing coverage story--tonight, seniors graduate amidst the fact that their school was obliterated and the cleanup continues along with so many who want to help all of the tornado victims.


One of the class leaders and Valedictorian, Katie Krantz, lost her father in the storms...a true inspiration to all of us. Everyone is clamoring to cover this strong young lady's story.


As soon as I arrived into work, I was informed we would be sending the satellite truck yet again toward Toledo for the big graduation.



I assigned crews and off they went as quickly as they could to cover this story which has now become a national story followed by NBC NewsChannel, CNN, and FOX among others.



Because we sent the sat truck, I needed to book windows for our 6pm, 7pm and 11pm news shows......I sent scripts to the networks from our packages and kept in contact with the network folks about video, etc...



Always and exciting time when dealing with NBC or CNN......



Our crews all weekend long into this week have excelled at their crafts covering this mammoth news story.....hats off to everyone and and big kudos!!!

No comments: