Thursday, March 18, 2010

'I was featured in a Tom Meyer story'

This is quite funny! And when I shared it with Mr. Meyer, he laughed!!!

While most started St. Patrick's Day Festivities at their local Irish pub, I began attending Mass and then off to the tax man to have my deceased Mother's taxes complete.


The only appointment my Aunt could get with her tax guy was of all days, Wednesday, St. Patrick's Day!

I had to work so I had no special plans before or after work.

The day cruised along just fine.

At the end of our tax appointment, my Aunt's tax guy, who she has known from birth, asked her if she saw him on tv?

My curiosity peaked.

She of course has to say, 'my niece works in tv.' He says, 'I was on Channel 3. I was featured in a Tom Meyer story.'

You can go either way with that statement, and honestly, I did not know which way to go?

I just nodded and waited for more details whether this was a 'good' story or a 'bad' story!

Usually during the news, one of my tasks is to get an overview of not only what we are doing, but keep my eyes on the competition. In order to do this, I listen to us. Not actually seeing but just hearing the stories, I had not gotten a visual of this guy in Tom Meyer's story.

The tax guy went on to say he was in Meyer's story on comparing Tax Preparers, which ones are better, which ones may be a rip-off.

And it WAS a good story.

Fortunately, my Aunt's guy was the best one who was on the up and up!

I came into work and told Tom Meyer the story--including, at first, how I was not sure if this was a subject he was chasing down (foe) or friend! He knew exactly who I was speaking of, said 'friend' and got a real chuckle out of it.

No comments: