Monday, December 21, 2009

Can there be MORE food in the newsroom???


The news must go on--just as the 'official' start of the 'holiday' of your choice has kicked into full throttle.


It's been a long week.


Everyone I've run into in the newsroom has given a huge 'thank God it's Friday' sigh. And of course I have my 'Happy Friday' sign from Chris Tye on display!!


This week and the next two to three weeks that follow will be filled with gift giving and receiving, the exchange of holiday cards, politically correct holiday greetings, a daily check of the schedule as staffers take end of the year vacations, and more food than usual on the newsroom community table --if you can believe!



Today when I arrived, there was a huge meat tray with the works: potato salad, pickles, olives, meat and cheese....on top of the cookies, Malley's candy, and hopefully a full bottle of Pepto Bismol, Tums, or Pepcid!



I made a final trek to the WKYC Company store to get the latest goods--the newest t-shirts, a very cool new sweatshirt that says WKYC Staff, and a few other mugs, caps and mouse pads. You can never have enough wkyc garb. I hope my family feels the same way!!



I've always thought how great would it be to bottle up the feeling of gladness and joy that engulfs the world the few weeks leading up to Christmas. Honestly, we're pretty lucky. Working in a newsroom so close with your fellow co-workers, I think we do capture this feeling year round. Not a bad gig!
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: