Friday, June 19, 2009

Swing By and Spray recognized by Press Club


I'd like to thank my readers for your continued support.

Swing by and Spray is a labor of love, as you all well know.

I pride myself in everything I do in life--trying to be the best person I can be, the best daughter, friend, Assignment Editor, WKYC /Gannett employee, and writer.

I graduated with degrees in English and Communications.

I have always taken great pride in everything I set out to do and that includes my writing, even though at times, there is so little time to perfect this craft.

However, a number of years ago when I was in charge of birddogging the wkyc website during my shift, I decided to get back in the swing and fine tune my writing skills.

Ever since, I've been striving to become a better writer on a daily basis on the Channel 3 website, assisting on writing stories for the 11pm show, and of course with Swing By and Spray and Grand Slam Kind of Day.

Well, Friday night, I'm beaming and proud to say that Swing By and Spray was actually recognized by the Press Club of Cleveland's 'Excellence in Journalism Awards.' It came in 2nd place under the category of New Media/Blogs behind Carl Weiser and his Politics Extra on Cincinnati.Com.


I'm humbled to say I also won 2 other Press Club awards with several comrades from WKYC.


Television/Spot News:


  • First Place--Reporter Paul Thomas, Videographer Mike Greene, Assignment Editor Danielle Fink for 'Officer Owens Shot'

  • Second Place --Assignment Editor Danielle Fink, Videographers Brian Johnson & Randy White for 'Fuel Tank Rescue'


And yet more awards for Channel 3:



  • General News-2nd place for Reporter Dave Summers --'At the end of the day'

  • Human Interest-2nd place for Health Anchor Monica Robins, Videographer Shane Snider, Editor Sarah Montgomery and their 'Sleep Deprivation' piece


I thank my readers again for helping Swing By and Spray take home this great honor.


I am proud of coming up with the concept, with sharing a little slice of my television world with those that want to hear what it's like on a news assignment desk, and with every story I've written. But I am more impressed with the amazingly, positive feedback I've received from numerous readers and so many fellow colleagues on a consistent basis.


Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can not thank you enough for your kindness.



I would be remiss not to raise a glass to every other winner in this year's 2009 Excellence in Journalism Awards! Ohio, particularly Northeast Ohio, has some of the best journalists, writers, broadcasters, television and print folks around. And they are nice people to boot! A job well-done to you all!


For a complete list of the 2009 Press Club of Cleveland Winners, CLICK HERE!

2 comments:

markzinni said...

Danielle, that is FANTASTIC! I love your blog -- and I love you! (BTW, the name "Swing by and Spray" makes me lol all the time!) Congratulations!
:)

Mac said...

Congrats on a well deserved honor Dani!! Actually honors!!! :)