Thursday, June 25, 2009

Holy Cow News Day!

When I am off, on vacation or furlough, I usually take a break from Swing by and spray.

I really won't go into too much detail because I am off and don't have all the details, but I had to pop on for just a few minutes and say, HOLY COW!

Stunned.

What a day to be off.

I was in PA with Mom and the Tribe and a very good friend from College and, thankfully, kept abreast of the situations unfolding all over the U.S.

I really don't think any of them have sunk in just yet.

Shaq comes to the Cavs. Good thing! Big sports story so I am not missing too much! I just hope Shaq knows WHO is #1 in Cleveland --the L-Train! This has garnered multiple Facebook comments from college friends around the US who know their teams won't hold a candle to the Cavs next season.

Farrah Fawcett passing away. Awful story, but we all knew it was imminent. National story, so I am not missing too much on this except it is quite saddening for those of us who grew up in that time frame. Also, maybe this is a deranged way to look at her passing, but the next entry overshadows Farrah's death.

The King of Pop, Michael Jackson, dying. Again, a National story, BUT, this out of all of them can certainly be localized. Especially with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum being right here in Cleveland, Ohio....the Jacksons performing in Cleveland.....

I am sure every single radio station will be playing MJ songs for days.

I heard there were so many Tweets, they went off line because their server blew up.


As an assignment editor, you are torn. On one hand, the news day that everyone lives for...but on the other hand, as a viewer, a fan, a riveted human being, by not working, I can sit in front of the tv all night long clutching the remote & just immerse myself watching tributes, music videos, listening to music, & try to come to grips with what has transpired and how it will change the future of music and 'pop-icon culture.'


We'll miss you Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson (they always die in 3's).

No comments: