Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It took 11 days to go 2 floors

I learned my lesson and but good--regarding inter-office mail!

I've done it hundreds of times before.

We all have.

You have a beige-manilla envelope with lines on it and that 'twistee' closer string that you wrap around and around and around the little cardboard clasp. You scratch out the previous name and message and update with yours and the envelope's destination and date.

Then you place it in the outgoing mail bin.

That's what I did 11 days ago just before I went on a few days of vacation or furlough, I really can't remember which, but was off for a long weekend.

Came back to work.

Had yet another day in the middle of the week off.

Came back to work after the weekend and got stopped by a co-worker who said she delivered my mail to its destination.

I looked with amazement as to why she had the envelope only to see there had been writing on both sides.

Mine was dated and signed June 19, 2009. The other entry much earlier in the year if not the end of last year.

Lesson to be learned --check both sides of your inter-office mail envelope and follow up with the receiver in a timely fashion! Or better still, get a little exercise, take the steps and deliver it yourself!

No comments: