Friday, October 17, 2008

That year it was Tim White

Many of you probably already have heard the news....

On hiatus or not...I had to pop on the nearest computer and share the following:

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=98751


Once I speak with my friend, I'll share more.


I do want to impart a quick story which sums it all up. My Uncle Johnny, who has since passed, was in the Air Force. He knew my Mother's love of the air, the military, and the like. Many years ago, he gave her a poster of the US Air Force Thunderbirds. At a local air show, Mom took the poster in hopes of getting it signed by whomever was on site down at Burke Lakefront Airport. The PR person took the poster and promised it would be signed by whomever was on location.

I promised a short story.

Mom never got the poster back, signed or unsigned.

When I was sharing the story with Tim White, he seemed genuinely concerned. Next thing I know, shortly before Christmas, Tim White had gotten a USAF Thunderbirds Poster, had it framed and personally signed by the current Thunderbirds at the time addressed to my Mother.

Someone always makes Mom cry on Christmas. That year it was Tim White.

No comments: