Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Remembering Donna Kropf

I'm sad to have to share that one of our former wkyc staffers passed away.

Donna Kropf, long-time employee who worked in the Programming Department for many years died after battling an illness for the last few years.

Donna was one of the nicest people I'd ever met. I really did not have to go to the programming/business office very often, but would just to say hello!

She'd visit the newsroom more as she brought programming logs for the producers. And she would really make the rounds throughout the entire building when she had her grandchildren in the office. She was so very proud of her family, especially her grand kids.

Her family handed out bracelets at the wake which said "I am grateful. Thank you God." When we wear them, it will be a nice remembrance of Donna Jean Kropf and how grateful we are to have had her in our lives.

Even in death, Donna really helped me. The day of her calling hours was the one year anniversary of my Mom's death. I was off to spend the day with my family.

My Mom taught me to pay our respects to those who have passed so I was not about to skip this precious time to honor Donna though I was carrying a very heavy heart of my own.

Believe it or not, the 1st person I saw when I walked in was one of my dearest friends.

Donna and Mom both were watching out for me and allowing me to be surrounded by close friends and co-workers on such an emotional day.

Thank you both. I'm amazed at how you both continue making a difference in the world and helping others.

No comments: