Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thank you faithful followers and Facebook fans!



I am 22 days shy of my one year anniversary of writing 'Swing by and spray.'


I can not wait for that milestone to arrive. I must thank all of my faithful readers, regular followers, periodic visitors or those just stumblin' by on their travels elsewhere --NOW!


Thank you, thank you, thank you all from the bottom of my heart, right now!


I've said this before. I created my two blogs (Swing by and spray & Grand Slam kinda day) for many reasons, the top two being:


  • To share details from an interesting job in a crazy business with those willing to listen

  • To fine tune my 'English major' creative writing skills because of my love of writing (you just never know when a 'fall back' profession will be needed later in life)


Though just short of my anniversary, I have reached another milestone--50 Facebook NetworkedBlogs followers! Unbelievable!


Sometimes I over-analyze situations. However, the way I see it, this scenario is a perfect example of a few 'lessons learned.' It takes one person at a time to make something happen. Each person is just as important as the next. And none of us can accomplish anything alone. We need each other. The next lesson I've learned is you never know who is watching you or reading your compositions. Sometimes a scary thought I guess, but a motivation to be the best always! And some of the bloggers have quite interesting blogs themselves which are great reads on my part enlightening my world about something I may have not known before!


I have to be honest, I've been blown away time and time again, not only by the folks who have signed up to follow my blog on Facebook, but by numerous comments I've received from readers.


I recently received a wonderful comment on the story I wrote about Lydia Esparra's departure. When I read through the entire comment and saw that it came from the Chairman and Co-Founder of the Puerto Rican Culture Committee, I was humbled and felt as if I had done something right that day!


I've received comments from current and former co-workers to people I've never even met.


One such entry came from a stranger who reinforced that anyone can stumble upon your creations. The man, though I had never met him, was familiar. I had seen his name before and read HIS stuff! He's a Cleveland based writer/editor who has had his works in over 70 publications. And for him to say I can write, I am on his 'A List' and he will come back to my site--quite an honor!


When thinking about who in the cyberworld may be visiting my little portion and the effect my words may have on someone else, I'm reminded of the life-altering letter I received from the daughter of a former Cleveland Indian. Whether that young woman knows it or not, she changed my world forever and I will always be indebted to her.



So, for those of you who don't think you make a difference, you do! For those of you who have lofty dreams, go for them! Anything is possible, as I have seen with my own eyes in my Facebook followers and upcoming blog anniversary milestone!



If you are on Facebook, pop onto the Channel 3 page and become a fan! We're nearing a milestone there as well approaching 1,000 fans!! If you have not 'stumbled' upon my blog pages, take a minute to look them over! I'd love to hear what you think and get your feedback. It will only make me better!!!!!!





No comments: