Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I felt like I was in an episode of 'The Golden Girls'


Second day back from Christmas vacation, and today is already miles apart from yesterday's shenanigans.


I saw my pal Del Donahoo. My day would not be complete without entering the newsroom and immediately being greeted by Del's comforting smile! He's an icon, a staple for this newsroom. I can only hope I am still as productive in life when I get to be Del's young age!!!


One of the 1st calls I answered was my friend Mike Rogers, PR genius behind Mike Rogers and Associates. He's great at his craft in the PR business...but also phenomenal and a legend in supplying the newsroom with decadent treats around the holidays and his big events. Today's fare: Cheesecake packed between a layer of crumbled cookie crust and rich chocolate icing topped with 6 Oreo cookies! I gained 5 pounds just looking at the amazing creation. The only thing needed with this cheesecake was Dorothy, Blanche, Rose, and Sophia sitting around the kitchen table commiserating on their daily woes and solving all the problems of the world!!


Story ideas were easy to come by.....Dave Summers loved one of the first ones that rolled off my tongue!


And this NEVER happens, I mean NEVER happens. Out of the blue, I answered a call from a man looking for the news desk. Sounded quite routine and innocent at first. The man went on to say he wanted to apologize for calling yesterday and being extremely rude to the young lady who answered the phone. I about fell off of my chair! In fact, I am typing this from the floor! He said the holidays spur crazy times, especially when alcohol is involved and people get out of control saying and doing things they don't mean. He just wanted to apologize for his actions.


Can you believe that?? I can not. I don't think I have ever gotten a follow up apology call. A nice gesture even though I still believe his actions were uncalled for and absolutely deplorable! But, I'll take the apology as we wind down the old year, try starting up a new year fresh with a clean slate...letting bygones be bygones!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I miss those Mike Rogers treats! And I CANNOT believe one of those crazies actually called you back to apologize! Wow!