Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Like pulling teeth!

I am currently in the midst of a very frustrating afternoon.

As an assignment editor, your disposition determines whether you have these days every day or once in a blue moon due to the nature of BEING an assignment editor!!

Assignment Editor = Problem Solver!

Fortunately, I let days like these roll off my back day in and day out or my co-workers would be carrying me out of here on a stretcher and loading me into the nearest ambulance!

Today's dilemmas (and there are many) revolve around Printer #1 and Printer #2 being busted again. You can track my whereabouts in the newsroom by following the movement of my black ink-covered hands! I feel like I am in an episode of Law and Order CI as they dust for prints!

Being alone on the news assignment desk, and trying to run a very efficient desk makes it counter-productive to continually traipse over to a working printer!


The next dilemma: I'm gathering we are trying to get a talkback or at least sound on tape for one of our night reporters from the convention. However, I am odd girl out on this one. I keep getting calls on something that I know nothing about! And when I try finding out, I get a bunch of "your call has been forwarded to audix...." responses! Very frustrating when you can not reach the people who supposedly know!?!?!


But, wait --I'm not the only one snake bit. I can not tell you how many calls I have fielded from folks INSIDE the building who were looking for someone who supposedly was INSIDE the building --to no avail!!


I just love when you answer outside calls and the person on the other end demands you find a reporter or staffer, saying it is very very important! I see the staffer standing before my very eyes, and say "I have a very important call for you" and the staffer continues talking on their cell phone or doing what they are doing......

So IS the incoming call really important or not?????? I guess I will never know!


Honestly, it has been a good day! I personally have been kicking BOOTY! I have been successfully conquering everything on MY PLATE. I have been as organized as can be, communicating to a tee and cranking out fresh story ideas, fresh updates and hopefully making our next newscast as interesting and new as it can possibly be!!


As long as I take care of my business, all is right with the world!!!!!!!


Thankfully, I don't let the frustrating dilemmas get me down! And I never will!

No comments: