Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just the fax, man

In the midst of a normal crazy day on the news assignment desk.....a bank robber shot dead by Cleveland Police after a heist and short chase....revelation of alleged financial improprieties swirling around the couple found dead Monday in Russell Twp....the suspect involved in Monday's Garden Valley murder being found dead himself with another person on East 114th Street AND so much more!

And the fax machine starts cranking out a NINE-HUNDRED and NINETY-NINE page fax, allegedly from Dennis Kucinich's office!

You have got to be kidding me!

So, when I got a free moment from my news of the day and what I am SUPPOSED to be doing, I called Mr. Kucinich's office and spoke with his Media PR director, Joe Benny. He was not aware that anyone from his office had faxed out a release! I'm glad I at least made him aware of what the heck was happening! There was absolutely NOTHING on these sheets except the date, Ch.3, and Kucinich's name at the top. Then there were a few lines of symbolic 'gobbly goo' on the sheet, and that's it! I can not even imagine how many trees are going down with this mammoth fax!

I started unplugging every wire and plug in a 5 foot radius of the fax machine!

I left it unplugged for at least an hour.

When I turned it back on, it spewed 3 more sheets which numbered 223, 224, and 225.

And then we got a final fax that said 'Press, Kucinich would like to recall the message, "".


Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: