Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sprinting to the finish line



Today at 5pm is the deadline for submitting entries for the 2010 Press Club of Cleveland 'Excellence in Journalism' awards.



I felt as if I were back in college. You've all been there. You get your syllabus at the beginning of the class with an outline of what will happen that semester including when the big term paper is due....and wait until the last second to either write it or hand it in or BOTH!


Well, I did not wait until the last minute, exactly. I had everything I was hoping to submit done, in order, tapes dubbed, paperwork filled out....I was just waiting to see what stories the station submitted.


Once we got that info, we all had the green light to submit anything the station may not have entered.


Not gonna tip my hand.....


Suffice it to say, I was sprinting up the street before my shift to hand in my entries.


Fortunately, one of the Press Club officers works a few buildings down. Quite helpful and a mini work-out as well!


Good luck to all who entered this year!


I'm not sure when we may hear if we've even placed, but the awards ceremony is Friday, June 18, 2010.

1 comment:

Mike Golch said...

Congrats on youe award.