Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Friday!!!?!??!

An assignment editor embarks on a new adventure every single day.

No two days are alike and you never know what conundrum will get tossed your way.

That's what keeps this job interesting and keeps me on my toes!

It's Friday. The news has no regard for which day of the week it is. Usually, they are ALL crazy, and for some reason lately, Friday's the zaniest!

That's why one of my colleagues made me a 'pick me up' sign for Fridays! The first thing I do each Friday is proudly display this sign smack dab in front of my station to help conquer the day!

It reads "Happy Friday!!!! Having a good day?!?!?!" Not only is it meant to drag this fatigued body through to the weekend, but there's a little ribbing involved. Chris pokes fun at my use of exclamations and question marks?!?!???!?

The ribbing is cool. My newsroom comrades are my second family.

Oftentimes, I see them more than my blood relatives, due to the nature of what we do and the long hours we often work! We need to be in sync, perform like a well oiled machine, and get along! These attributes, believe it or not, help the final product we put on the air for our customers!

We see each other at our best at the beginning of our shifts and then by the end of the day, a bit bedraggled, makeup-less, and hair pulled back! But, we're family!

All in all, I could not ask for a better "extended family!"

Have a great weekend and Happy St Patrick's Day!

No comments: